Friday, November 6, 2009

Bad Hair Day?!


I’ve been a little under the weather for the past few days and decided that it was finally time to make an attempt at getting ready. I call up Amanda and ask her to go to lunch with me and proceed to jump into the shower while I’m thinking out my outfit for the day. I decide I want to use my new bag that I got in the fashion district in LA…so of course I’m planning out the corresponding items. I’m digging through my laundry basket of clean tops to find a particular black shirt…I can’t find it and resort to the second option. I’m blow drying my hair when I notice a huge stain over the chest area. My first thought is maybe I wore it around a baby (that may have thrown up on me) and forgot to wash it but I know I haven’t worn this particular shirt in…well…months to maybe a year… So I take off the shirt and to get a better look at the stain only to get a whiff of the toxic smell…yuck. I know the target but bring it to my dad to suspect. Yep, a silky black kitty peed on my shirt. I’m pissed…I mean PISSED. Of course I cannot retaliate against the feline in front of witnesses. So I’m swarming about my room trying to figure out what shirt to wear only to find out that EVERYTHING smells of lovely cat urine. YAY. I’m all about in tears throwing my clothes in the hall in a complete tantrum…so what that I’m 24 years old. I find a top that is clean but it’s definitely not my favorite. As I get back to doing my hair I all but give up on the frizzy mess and throw it into a ponytail….you know it’s a bad hair day when my hair is in a ponytail. I hurry and do my make up and I’m looking at myself in the mirror so sad. I look atrocious. Awful. Here I planned to have a regular cute day out and about with my new bag and now that bag doesn’t even match my outfit. Luckily, Amanda and the boys don’t care and can deal with the ugliness.

P.S. I’m planning a revenge against the nine pound black kitty cat

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. WHAT A BAD DAY! I'm so sorry. Good story, though...maybe you can laugh about it in a year or so? haha. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha I know it's not funny to you at the time but I'm picturing it and it's so funny. Because I know those days when the outfit ruins your whole life- and then to have cat pee on it ha ha. I would murder my cat right there. I guess I wanted to comment on EVERY post. so glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad! Bad days suck : ( I love that wearing your hair in a ponytail is a bad hair do for you...I wear mine in a ponytail everyday. :) he he I'm so lazy : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry my Leia :-( My guess is that you still looked beautiful even though you didn't get to wear what you wanted to. CATS!!! Why couldn't Minky have chosen the dirty clothes??? I'm always telling my kids not to leave their clothes laying around for fear the same thing happening! Love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete