Monday, November 30, 2009

Dating


Dating Advice from Miss Lauren

Lauren: I think that you should just go out with tons of people over the next five months. Sure you will have to go out with a lot of weirdies but your probability of meeting someone nice will go up too.

Leia: I hate the weirdies.

Lauren: That's what I did. I would give everyone at least a chance.

Leia: Like when you went out with B**** from our freshman ward?!

Lauren: Yeah, I totally had to pretend like I was sick to skip out early on that one. He kept breathing on me and whispering in my ear. Ew.

A Text Conversation from Amy
To brief you on this, Amy asked me a few weeks ago if she could set me up with one of her husband's friends.

Amy: Hey Sweetie! Did you have a good thanksgiving? BTW P**** said he’s having a hard time trying to get a hold of you.

Leia: That's probably because I'm hard to get ahold of because of my work schedule, and I screen my calls and don't check my messages.

No wonder my parents are concerned.

6 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving with the family brought me some of those same questions. "So who are you dating these days?", "Why aren't you dating anyone?", "You married yet?", "You should just start dating all the girls in the ward.", etc...

    Don't you just love the concern of family members?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. You're more like your brothers than you might expect--everybody wants to skip the process and go right to the payoff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha...I'm sorry but the conversation with Lauren was hilarious. It brought back memories of Freshman year. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of the garbage of dating. Good luck. chin up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha. Sorry hun I know being set up sucks : ) Well dating in general sucks... Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy oh my what!! I love our conversations! We should have someone transcribe all our conversations:)

    ReplyDelete