Wednesday, January 21, 2009

{A Crazy Week}


So this last week was pretty crazy for me. I ended up getting sick...again. Woke up on Sunday morning and tried to counteract the oncoming sore throat with little success...Monday morning I could barely talk. I had inventory for my store on Wednesday and managed to work through the entire thing. Luckily everything went really smooth and we finished just after 1am :) My mom flew in Friday afternoon to help me pack and move into my new apartment with Amber and Lyndie. We also managed to squeeze in pedicures and a movie. The move went really smooth. A couple of amazing guys from my ward helped with all the heavy lifting. My mom and I then ventured to Burbank to visit IKEA. It was the worst idea ever. I felt like we were apart of a herd of cattle going through a maze. Once we finally managed to get out there and get home I realized we had bought a king size comforter for my bed instead of a queen! So we had to go back! The exchange took no shorter than an hour to get the replacement. I recommend avoiding that particular location at all costs. On Sunday, my mom and I went to Long Beach to visit with one of her long lost childhood friends she just recently reconnected with after 20 something years. It was really cool to hear all their stories about my mom growing up and adventures they had together in college. Although it was fun to have my mom in town for a bit, I was ready for the new week to start to get back to some sort of routine. Now that inventory and the move is over I'm ready for a fresh start to this new year! Oh, and I love my apartment. It's right across the street from the mall, so it takes me like five minutes to get to work :)

2 comments:

  1. Is that your apartment? Hmm...we might have to come visit! You sound happy - I'm glad. Hopefully we can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I need to come visit too! How is everything going? i wish you were here and we could paint more pumpkins and modge things and eat treats.

    ReplyDelete